A Development Engineer I Software develops software and documents code for products and processes, and contributes to engineering projects for a range of electronic medical devices. An Software Engineer I works with a team to solve complex engineering problems.
• Follow 21CFR and ISO standards in project work
• Designs, develops, documents, debugs, test software programs by using C/C++, C# and other current programming languages and technologies.
•Test software utilizing integration and black box testing methodologies.
•Documents software development and/or test development by writing code, documents, reports, memos, and change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards.
• Plans, analyzes, evaluates, verifies, documents, software code and systems by using software engineering practices.
• A contributor for Software FMEAs. Investigates, researches, works on software designs, operating systems and/or practices.
•Ability to effectively work in technical cross-functional teams.
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company goals
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various
levels of the global organization
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• Maintain and increase technical, medical and biomedical development knowledge related to the company’s product lines
• Maintain accurate and timely reports and records
• BS in Software/Electrical/Computer Engineering or Engineering Technology; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background.
• Experience using analytic skills and problem solving.
• Experience designing and documenting software.
• Experience contributing to a diverse fast paced team.
• Exposure to agile development, and software development methodology.
• Exposure to software integration and testing.
• Exposure and interest in life sciences and biomedical sciences.
• Works under general office environmental conditions.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, equipment, etc.
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in many areas associated with this position.