The Manufacturing Engineer at Cook Inc. plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes for medical device products, and supports Operations in a way to assure a quality product is produced in a timely manner. The Production Engineer works with Operations, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs to improve existing product designs and processes to increase throughput, decrease operational costs, or improve quality.
- Work with Operations Managers and outside Vendors to create methods/machines to help with capacity of products.
- Work with Product Development Engineers to develop processes for new products.
- Work with Operations, Accounting, and Global Product Managers to increase profit margins of current products which do not meet company requirements.
- Train all relevant personnel on new processes.
- Document cost savings.
- Write and execute validation protocols.
- Assure projects follow design controls established by QSPs (Quality System Procedures).
- Provide support to the calibration department in writing/performing calibration procedures.
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Development to verify/validate critical processes or products.
- Work with management to establish project timeliness,and project justification.
- Act as resource for operational departments for materials, equipment and process upgrades.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Production, or Manufacturing Engineering, or related field.
- Manufacturing Automation Experience Preferred
- Works under general office environmental conditions.
- Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
computers, equipment, etc.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and communicate.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.
**Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Cook does not intend to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) of this employment position.**