The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for supporting the improvement of key performance indicators of Cook Inc via optimizing and reducing waste in manufacturing processes and/or other company continuous improvement initiatives. The Continuous Improvement Engineer utilizes analytical skills and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies, techniques, and tools to solve problems as well as teaches, coaches, and mentors others to utilize the same methodologies to improve their processes and solve problems.
- Daily analyze Cook processes (manufacturing, transactional, etc.) and data sources (jbase, business objects, etc.) by utilizing problem solving methodologies to identify root causes and develop appropriate solutions. As needed, assess results of changed processes, document results via data analysis and written project summaries, communicate results to team members and stakeholders.
- Daily communicate to the appropriate level (management to end-users) of the organization to gain approval, sponsorship, and/or buy for potential improvements and implemented solutions. Daily collaboration and communication with appropriate cross-functional teams to develop solutions that work for the affected groups in the organization.
- Daily coach, teach, and mentor others improvement and problem solving methodologies including, but not limited to, look at key performance indicators to make decisions, identify waste, problem solve, identify root causes, and develop appropriate solutions.
- Represent and coach others a culture of continuous improvement daily by asking questions to challenge the status quo, reviewing processes for improvement or optimization opportunities, and teaching Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles.
- Weekly develop and track KPI's (key performance indicators).
- As needed, conduct time studies to develop efficient process flow and increase productivity.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Ability to understand the overall and detailed functions of a business software application
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience in a regulated industry.
- Works under general office environment conditions.
- Utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and communicate.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.