Cook MyoSite, Inc. is on a mission to make regenerative medicine a part of everyday medicine. We’re investigating our core technology, autologous muscle-derived cells, for the potential treatment of several muscle-related disorders. We at Cook MyoSite have the potential to make a difference in the lives of countless people around the world, and we also have the potential to make a difference in yours. Joining our team is an opportunity to ignite your passion, grow your potential, and define your purpose. If you’re curious, motivated by helping others, and driven by integrity, we invite you to apply.
The Analytical Method Development Associate I at Cook MyoSite, Inc. is responsible for conducting technical and scientific work to support analytical method development for cell therapy products and related research projects.
• Conduct laboratory-based experimentation in support of new and ongoing analytical method development projects
• Evaluate and optimize analytical methods, and related reagents and instruments, for assessing manufacturing processes, materials, and products
• Perform research, analyze and summarize data, participate in the interpretation of results and formulation of recommendations
• Prepare technical and scientifically accurate reports and presentations for internal and external use
• Act as a departmental and cross-functional resource to provide technical and scientific support in areas of expertise
• Assist in internal and external technical transfer of analytical methods
• Develop scientific and technical proficiency and capabilities as necessary for project completion
• Support routine maintenance of cell cultures, laboratory space, inventory, and equipment
• Undergraduate degree in Life Sciences or Engineering is required
• Master’s degree and/or relevant research experience is preferred
• Experience with PCR and molecular bio techniques is preferred
• Working knowledge of and experience with adherent cell culture and related laboratory techniques is preferred
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and other general office equipment
• Proficiency or comfort level working with material of a highly technical or scientific nature
• Must maintain company quality and safety standards
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company goals
• Laboratory Setting (Non-Production): General office, warehouse and laboratory setting with potential (limited) exposure to hazardous chemicals and/or harsh disinfectants while in BioSafety Level II.
• Ability to conduct and hear ordinary conversation and telephone communication.
• Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
• Must be able to sit at desk, in meetings and/or work on a computer for long or extended periods of time.
• Visual and manual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
• Ability to spend majority of day standing in laboratory setting or sitting in biological safety hood setting.
• Physically capable of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing steps and ladders, reaching, twisting and bending on occasion with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be capable of performing PPE gowning procedures on a frequent basis to enter BioSafety Level II including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and facial mask (if required) on a regular basis.
• Must be able to extend arms outright for extended periods of time, periodically at intervals for up to 3 hours at a time.