The Engineering Manager establishes, communicates, and leads the vision and strategies for their assigned area.They manage day-to-day operations of, and provide leadership and direction to, an Engineering team or teams. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of an engineering team or teams and their ability to complete their projects/tasks.
- Evaluate and provide direction on project priorities, while identifying and troubleshooting challenges.
- Direct and report on resource allocation and provide project resource estimates.
- Identify and analyze problems; distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions; provide solutions to individual and organizational issues.
- Interface and influence at all levels within all functions necessary to remove roadblocks and support progress of company objectives.
Identify, assess, and communicate staff and equipment needs.
- Participate in selection and onboarding process of new hires.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to teams.
- Collaborate with team members to identify areas for desired career growth and opportunities for professional development.
- Responsible for performance management and annual reviews of direct reports.
- Attend, present and provide data for meetings to include project updates and reviews.
- Review and approve department-specific documents, expense reports, PTO request, and weekly time sheets.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Identify and execute improvements with input from senior management.
- Implement policies, programs and directives of senior management.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience in a regulated industry, preferably in a medical manufacturing environment.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio) and databases; statistical software such as Minitab is a plus.
- Works under general office environment conditions.
- Utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and communicate.
- Occasionally lifting with minimal exertion during shift.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.