The Senior Scientist at Cook Inc. is a leader in the department tasked with solving scientific problems. The Senior Scientist position will support the development of new products and processes and lead company projects.
• Lead large-scale or multiple projects or studies with a high degree of independence
• Contribute technical and scientific expertise and direction to Cook engineers and other company business functions
• Assume responsibility for interpreting data, organizing, executing, and coordinating project activities
• Provide technical input on defining project priorities and company product goals
• Identify and solve function-level and team-level problems
• Act as a mentor to other personnel in their teams
• Provide technical and strategic input on managing company intellectual property relevant to area of work
• Masters degree in biological science, chemistry, life science, or engineering with 5+ years relevant experience, or PhD in biological science, chemistry, life science, or engineering with 2+ years relevant experience
• Proven technical ability and leadership skills in mentoring and training
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in many areas associated with this position
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Works under general office environmental conditions