The Industrial Automation Engineer’s responsibilities are related to designing and implementing automated manufacturing equipment to improve the safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the wide variety of manufacturing processes within COOK.
• Work alongside mechanical designers to develop control system for various applications
• Program PLCs and HMIs
• Comprehend/generate electrical schematics and electrical design
• Coordinate equipment design, startups, and runoffs
• Work with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering to identify opportunities for automation
• Work with R&D to develop technology for new product process development
• Acts as a resource for all operational departments for equipment support and
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Experience with programming and implementation of collaborative robots
• Experience with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Automation software
• Experience with Creo/ProE 3D modeling and AutoCAD Electrical software
• SQL Database management
• Networking/IoT knowledge
- Works under general office environment conditions.
- Utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and communicate.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.