Cook MyoSite, Inc. is on a mission to make regenerative medicine a part of everyday medicine. We’re investigating our core technology, autologous muscle-derived cells, for the potential treatment of several muscle-related disorders. We at Cook MyoSite have the potential to make a difference in the lives of countless people around the world, and we also have the potential to make a difference in yours. Joining our team is an opportunity to ignite your passion, grow your potential, and define your purpose. If you’re curious, motivated by helping others, and driven by integrity, we invite you to apply.
The Purchasing Associate at Cook MyoSite will support company manufacturing operations by providing continuity of material supply and purchasing support to all other departments by procuring approved materials, equipment, or services from approved vendors.
• Provide purchasing support and order placements for the Cook MyoSite organization
• Obtain vendor Quotes, Proposals, or statements of work as needed for various types of purchases
• Prepare purchase orders and coordinate with corporate A/R, A/P, and Finance to ensure timely invoice payments
• Reviews and approves purchase order requisitions for materials, equipment, or services
• Obtain approval(s) from management on major purchases
• Ensure purchases are executed in accordance with vendor contracts that are in place
• Initiate vendor complaints when required using the vendor complaint process
• Review and respond to vendor change notifications for materials, equipment, and services
• Ensure proper documentation is established and on file for vendor account information, equipment or services such as W-9 and ACH, vendor quotes, contracts, etc.
• Assist in evaluating and selecting potential new or alternate vendors
• Coordinate with other departments on the approval, delivery, and use of received goods, equipment or services
• Maintain purchasing support documentation such as packing slips and shipping confirmations.
• Proactively manage key Sage ERP master data to support new materials, changes to existing materials, and obsolescence
• Manage open orders in a timely manner utilizing an open order report, ensure supplier compliance for shipping, quality, and returns
• Engage with inter-company sourcing peers to maximize efforts with sourcing materials
• Associates degree in Business or 4 years direct, relevant experience to provide a comparable background
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and other general office equipment
• Demonstrable knowledge of ERP applications
• Direct experience with purchasing in an FDA or other regulated industry a plus
• CPSM or CSCP a plus
• Ability to conduct and hear ordinary conversation and telephone communication
• Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required
• Ability to work under specific time constraints
• Must be able to sit at desk, in meetings and/or work on a computer for long or extended periods of time
• Visual and manual acuity for working with computers and equipment