The Leave Administration Specialist works to administer all leaves for local employees and serves as the liaison for other Cook companies to administer leave policies consistently within the Cook Group Companies.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of FMLA and ADA laws as well as Cook company leaves.
• Understand and be able to work effectively within the systems used to document leaves of absence and accommodations.
• Follow SOP’s for the Leave Administration Unit (LAU) to monitor and manage leaves of absence.
• Actively work with the Team Lead and Manager of the LAU to monitor and develop better processes and procedures for the LAU.
• Work with the Leave Administration Coordinators to assure prompt and correct communication concerning leaves of absence.
• Mentor and train new LAU team members, both internally and externally.
• Use independent judgment and knowledge of FMLA/ADA to make decisions regarding employee leave situations.
• Use sound judgment and confidentiality in all manners.
• Minimum 1 year direct leave administration or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years experience in Human Resources or related field
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field preferred
• FMLA/ADA Certification preferred
• General office environment
• Sits for extended periods
• Requires close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
• Requires occasional early morning or late evening teleconferences
• Domestic travel as required