The Engineering Production Specialist works to improve and support COOK's production processes, and works within an interdisciplinary team of engineers, specialists, and technicians, and with other functions, to advance the strategic goals of the company.
- Independently produce, organize, and maintain documentation or systems critical to the function of the engineering team or department.
- Use independent judgment to make decisions on significant issues.
- Run short-term, long-term, and/or system-focused projects, or complete significant tasks critical to projects.
- Possess and demonstrate expert skill level in using, teaching, and troubleshooting Cook procedural and operational systems.
- Serve as a mentor, trainer, and resource to the department for aspects critical to performing job functions.
- Prioritize work based on assigned goals.
- Maintain and increase knowledge related to the team’s focus and relevant company systems.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management
System where applicable.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Follow Risk Management procedures and comply with requirements of ISO 14971 as applicable.
- Follow Design Control procedures and comply with requirements of 21CFR820 Quality System Regulations and ISO 13485 as applicable.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- AS or BS degree in relevant field; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background.
- 2 years experience that relates directly to the above essential job functions/duties.
- Experience working independently and with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (ie: Word, Excel).
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in some areas associated with this position.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Works under general office environmental conditions.
• Moderate exposure to noise level in the work environment that is moderate to occasionally loud.
• Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to grasp, carry, feel or touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and communicate.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.