Cook Research Incorporated is a dynamic company, focused on improving patient care and staffed with a diverse group of professionals, scientists, and technicians with expertise in medical product development. This highly talented and creative team performs hundreds of in vivo and in vitro tests, manages regulatory submissions globally, and supports clinical studies from pre-market to post-market phases of product development.
Cook Research Incorporated is currently accepting applications for a Scientific Communications Medical Writer to become a part of our growing Scientific Communications team. This position will provide project support for Cook Research as well as for other Cook Group companies. An experienced candidate may be eligible for remote work; a candidate with less experience may need to relocate to West Lafayette, IN or the surrounding area to work a minimum of 2 days/week in a Cook facility.
• Conduct systematic, comprehensive searches of published medical literature
• Provide interpretation and analysis of clinical data pertinent to scientific communications projects (e.g., literature reviews, Clinical Evaluation Reports)
• Write and/or direct the preparation of clear and effective documents
• PhD in a life science or biomedical engineering discipline preferred, or equivalent regulatory/writing experience
• Experience with literature searches through several search databases
• Familiarity with statistical methods, analysis, and interpretation
• Communicate clearly and concisely in both spoken and written form
• Be able to work on multiple projects, organize, and prioritize within time constraints
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
• Commit to participate in a team-based environment
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Cook does not intend to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position