The Maintenance Technician at Cook Vandergrift is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks and defined building upgrades, performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.), and perform general cleaning.
• Maintain operating conditions of buildings and associated equipment.
• Perform electrical repairs and installations.
• Perform plumbing repairs and installations.
• Perform mechanical repairs and installations.
• Perform intermediate data systems repairs and installations.
• Serve in limited capacity as a liaison between management and outside suppliers.
• Serve in limited capacity as project lead.
• Ability to accommodate changing shift requirements.
• Accountable for responding to after hours emergency calls.
• Perform necessary maintenance of driveways and walkways, lawn, trees
and shrubbery, including mowing, trimming and snow removal.
• Document equipment repairs and preventative maintenance in
compliance with company quality requirements.
• Perform preventative maintenance activities as scheduled.
• Make recommendations on facility upgrades and improvements.
• Provide input to supervisor/manager to improve department operation
• Perform limited computer functions.
• Identify and report possible preventative and corrective actions.
• Works independently and as a team member, referring questions and
problems to the department management.
• Responsible for maintaining Company Confidentiality.
• Responsible for compliance to company's Quality Policy Manual.
• Responsible for compliance to company's safety policies.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must pass a post-offer physical exam and drug test.
• Must have prior experience in building maintenance.
• Ability to read, write and understand documentation, equipment manuals and blueprints.
• A strong aptitude in maintenance trades- plumbing, electrical and HAVC
• Self-starter with good interpersonal skills.
• Good judgment, organizational skills and detailed oriented.
• Basic computer entry/retrieval skills.
• Good written and verbal communications.
• Capable of operating motorized equipment.
• Ability to get along with others.
• Good visual acuity
• Good manual dexterity
• Ability to routinely lift up to 65 pounds
• Seasonal demands require exposure to cold for snow removal and heat for mowing and lawn care
• Limited exposure to hazardous chemicals
• Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (ie. safety shoes, hard hat, work gloves, harnesses, face shields, hearing protection, dust masks)