Cook Research Incorporated is a dynamic company, focused on improving patient care and staffed with a diverse group of professionals, scientists, and technicians with expertise in medical product development. This highly talented and creative team performs hundreds of in vivo and in vitro tests, manages regulatory submissions globally, and supports clinical studies from pre-market to post-market phases of product development.
Cook Research Incorporated is currently accepting applications for a Scientific Communications Medical Reviewer to join our growing Scientific Communications team. Medical Reviewers research and communicate clinical data relevant to Cook products and provide medical review of documents written by team members who do not have clinical experience. Fully remote positions are available; however, the candidate is welcome to also work at the West Lafayette, IN Cook facility, if desired.
• Provide medical review of documents (assess clinical safety and performance data and ensure anatomic, physiologic and clinical accuracy)
• Understand and provide guidance on comprehensive, systematic searches of published medical literature
• Provide interpretation and analysis of clinical and non-clinical data pertinent to scientific communications projects (e.g., literature reviews, Clinical Evaluation Reports, and clinical study reports)
• Write and/or direct the preparation of clear and effective documents
• MD or DO with medical device experience preferred; however, nurse practitioners and physician assistants may qualify, depending on training and experience
• Familiarity with literature search databases and manuscript preparation
• Familiarity with statistical methods, data analysis, and interpretation
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both spoken and written form
• Ability to work on multiple projects, organize, and prioritize within time constraints
• Ability to commit to a team-based environment
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Cook does not intend to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.