Cook MyoSite, Inc. is on a mission to make regenerative medicine a part of everyday medicine. We’re investigating our core technology, autologous muscle-derived cells, for the potential treatment of several muscle-related disorders. We at Cook MyoSite have the potential to make a difference in the lives of countless people around the world, and we also have the potential to make a difference in yours. If you’re curious, motivated by helping others, and driven by integrity, we invite you to apply.
The Analytical Method Development Intern at Cook MyoSite will assist in the development and prevalidation of analytical methods in support of cell therapy product commercialization.
Intern will gain direct experience in method development towards GMP applications. They will become intimately familiar with industry requirements and regulations for clinical biopharmaceutical products.
• Conduct laboratory-based experimentation in support of new and ongoing analytical development projects
• Follow lab procedures and maintain laboratory records
• Perform routine laboratory procedures such as preparing reagent stocks, performing basic analytical techniques such as gel electrophoresis, western blotting, cell based assays
• Provide support to analytical method development laboratory experiments and projects
• Demonstrate excellent organizational, multitasking, and documentation skills
• Effectively communicate with other departments
• Apply sound reasoning and scientific principles in areas of responsibility
• At minimum, enrolled in good standing in an undergraduate degree program for Life Sciences or Engineering
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and other general office equipment.
• Proficiency or comfort level working with material of a highly technical or scientific nature.
• Practical laboratory experience outside of coursework is preferred
• Working knowledge and experience with adherent cell culture and related techniques is preferred
• Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability follow complex processes, procedures and systems
• Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to execute goals set by the organization and Department Manager
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and safety standards
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Maintain composure and competence under stressful situations; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company goals
• Must have effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively
• Must possess the ability to understand and follow complex procedures and systems
• Able to analyze situations or data
• Laboratory Setting (Non-Production): General office, warehouse and laboratory setting with potential (limited) exposure to hazardous chemicals and/or harsh disinfectants while in BioSafety Level II.
• Ability to conduct and hear ordinary conversation and telephone communication.
• Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
• Must be able to sit at desk, in meetings and/or work on a computer for long or extended periods of time.
• Visual and manual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
• Ability to spend majority of day standing in laboratory setting or sitting in biological safety hood setting.
• Physically capable of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing steps and ladders, reaching, twisting and bending on occasion with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be capable of performing PPE gowning procedures on a frequent basis to enter BioSafety Level II including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and facial mask (if required) on a regular basis.
• Must be able to extend arms outright for extended periods of time, periodically at intervals for up to 3 hours at a time.