The Calibration Technician at Cook will maintain compliance of the calibration department and calibrate all types of instruments and equipment according to written specifications, frequency and entering date into Gagetrak. Additionally, they will maintain data, certifications and records as well as maintaining tools.
• Perform calibrations using a variety of test equipment
• Enter calibration data into Gagetrak software
• Assist production and engineering in changes to equipment requiring calibration
• Assure required changes are made to specs, QSI's through change requests process
• Maintaining hard copies of certifications and manuals
• Obtain quotes from vendors, creating purchase requisitions, shipping equipment
• Issuing small production tools such as rules, ruler covers, pin guages, replacements, etc.
• Upkeep/minor repair of production hand tools such as calipers
• High school diploma or GED
• Working knowledge of test equipment, gauges, measuring devices, etc.
• Strong mechanical and electronics/electrical background preferred
• Working knowledge with computers, data entry and Microsof Office
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accomodation occasionally and ability to lift 25 lbs. to chest height
• Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to grasp, carry, feel or touch, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch
• Proper attire/clothing and Personal Protective Equipment/clothing as required within Controlled Production areas