The Sr. Industrial Automation Manager's primary purpose is to implement and lead innovative automation projects throughout the Manufacturing Engineering function. This key leadership role will craft our Engineering strategy and manage day-to-day operations and provides leadership and direction to the functional team. The automation implementations are intended transform Cook's operations by improving the safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Manage day-to-day activities for automation team.
- Serve as mentor and resource for others in Manufacturing Engineering as well as to other departments.
- Represent Manufacturing Engineering at interdepartmental meetings/activities.
- Work alongside mechanical designers to develop control system for various applications.
- Program PLC's and HMI's.
- Comprehend/generate electrical schematics and electrical design.
- Coordinate equipment design, startups, and runoffs.
- Work with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering to identify opportunities for automation.
- Work with R&D to develop technology for new product process development.
- Acts as a resource for all operational departments for equipment support and process upgrades.
- Lead Project Portfolio promoting significant cost savings.
- Implement policies, programs and directives of senior management.
- Interview, select and approve all training for employees.
- Make recommendations for staff and equipment and have significant input into personnel matters.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience including management.
- Experience and understanding of the validation process.
- Experience and understanding of PLC and HMI programming.
- Proven management and project leadership skills.
- Completion of a major development project involving all aspects of process development.
- Approximately 90% of the time is spent in a normal office environment requiring sitting and moving around the building, or in a "clean"
environment product setting requiring protective clothing and safety glasses.
- Approximately 10% of the time is spent in travel to partners and other Cook facilities.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Limited exposure to hazardous materials requiring protective covering.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.