Become a member of a small team that is responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting IT solutions. That includes everything from business analysis and project management to database programming, systems administration and end user support. Projects will include both in-house software development and migrations to enterprise software systems.
The Software Engineer at Cook Vandergrift develops, implements and documents software and programs that provide the technical solutions to meet specifications and business requirements defined by company objectives to promote effective, efficient, and compliant operations.
• Work as part of a project team to define and document the solutions for a variety of software development projects
• Technical responsibility for all stages of software development process to ensure compliance with software development standards, architectural standards, and achievement of documented requirements
• Develop and maintain current state documentation and deliverables for solutions
• Maintain existing and new software systems to ensure that systems continue to meet user needs
• Provide assistance to operational teams to ensure continuity of service.
• Work with the Software Engineering community of practice to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related degree; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Experience with software development
• Experience with API led connectivity methodology
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods
• Utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• International and domestic travel as required
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Requires ability to work outside normal working hours and occasional weekends/holidays