The Director of Global Security provides executive leadership and expert oversight on all strategic physical security matters for Cook entities globally. Improves the company's ability to deal with natural or man-made events anywhere in the world which could threaten our employees, facilities or seriously disrupt our business.
• Responsible for global strategic security processes and procedures globally including crisis management, investigations and emergency response procedures and manages the execution of these plans
• Achieves a high level of overall company preparedness and business continuity plan effectiveness by conducting/overseeing on-site audits
• Accountable for ensuring the company has viable, actionable and effective business plans to carry out business operations under disaster conditions.
• Responsible for creating, implementing and monitoring loss prevention policies and programs that promote a safe and secure environment for employees, guests and our company assets.
• Utilizes current and emerging technologies to ensure threat assessments are being conducted for social media and data security threats
• Evaluate training on emergency preparedness
• Develops strong connections globally with external law enforcement agencies in the communities we serve.
• Monitor and assess threat levels globally relative to travel guidance and awareness.
• Fosters and maintains a workplace culture respectful and supportive of
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others
throughout various levels of the global organization
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Interacts with each site globally on a regular basis
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and risk analysis skills
• Ability to work corroboratively as well as independently as required
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• Minimum 10 years experience in global emergency management (homeland security) and continuity planning is required; prior law enforcement experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred; in emergency management, law enforcement or a related discipline
• Proven project leadership skills and strong ability to influence
• Demonstrated ability to provide consistent leadership in a team setting
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, communication & resources
across multiple projects
• A national or state professional certification in emergency management is preferred
• Requires ability to be on-call with little to no notice after hours
• Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sits for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with