The Senior Supplier Engineer is a leader in the department tasked with solving engineering problems and utilizing technical expertise in design and manufacturing processes to evaluate and execute successful change requests with the supply base.
Evaluate product changes by working with suppliers to ensure the supplying companies systems, process and build capabilities meet the design intent of the customer and are compliant with the end customers needs.
- Lead large scale or multiple engineering projects with a high degree of independence.
- Provide technical input on defining project priorities and company product objectives.
- Assume responsibility for interpreting data, organizing, executing, and coordinating project activities to meet key milestones dates.
- Evaluates compliance of suppliers technical and quality documentation in support of design, contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, delivery and cost.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal
- Mentor development of other personnel in the Engineering department.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Minimal of 5 years of Supplier Engineering experience or equivalent work experience in a regulated industry, preferably in a medical manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Experience in process development and process validation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Project/Outlook.
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business.
- 2+ years Project Management experience.
- Experience in Control Plans, Process Flow, PFMEA, SPC and MSA.
- Experience using analytical skills and formal problem solving (Six Sigma, Shainin Red X or equivalent).
- 5+ years manufacturing processes experience.
- Works under general office environment conditions.
- Utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, and communicate.
- Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves may be required in some areas associated with this position.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.