The EHS Specialist at Cook Canton will plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
• Independently produce, organize, and maintain documentation or
systems critical to the function of the engineering team or department
• Coordinate safety activities, maintain OSHA required procedures and monitor the
procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local safety
• Interface with plant personnel to identify hazards, and to recommend/implement
necessary corrective and improvement measures
• Develop, maintain, and monitor Safety procedures to ensure they are up-to-date
and appropriately used
• Participate in incident investigation teams, safety audits, and other safety related
• Coordinate, facilitate / conduct employee safety training, including but not limited to
new employee orientation, annual refresher training, and contractor training as
• Support facility’s projects by providing expertise on safety issues
• Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial
• Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
• AS or BS degree in relevant field; or
• 2 years experience that relates directly to the above essential job
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (ie: Word, Excel)
• Experience working independently and with minimal supervision
• Experience in improving environmental health and safety processes
• Knowledge of OSHA/EPA/ISO standards
• Experience training in Environmental Health & Safety programs
• Basic math skills
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and
gloves required in some areas associated with this position
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Moderate exposure to noise level in the work environment that is
moderate to occasionally loud
• Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to grasp, carry, feel or
touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.