Global Legal Counsel, Medical Education(GCA) is responsible for Cook Medical’s legal arrangements globally in respect of medical education provided for or on behalf of the Cook Medical. This position will manage a global team of Governance and Contracts Managers tasked with completing due diligence, drafting and negotiating agreements and making all necessary associated filings required for the appointment of health care professionals (HCPs).
• Effectively manage a diverse portfolio of agreements, allocating the necessary expertise and commitment to a team of Governance & Contracts Managers, located at different Cook Medical offices throughout the world.
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts.
• Address complex issues with attention to detail, an analytical and a solution-oriented approach.
• Provide accurate, high-quality, practical legal advice.
• Ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure in the area of medical education for Cook Medical.
• Responsible for supervising the workload and operational issues of the contract management team. This includes, but not limited to, setting team and individual objectives, carrying out performance appraisals, generating training plans and dealing with performance related issues.
• Promoting and maintaining a workplace culture, which is respectful and supportive of individual differences.
• Foster accountability within the team to meet established timelines.
• Develop internal governance procedures for the selection, qualification and management of HCPs.
• Ensure that Cooks Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on Cook's behalf.
• Formal legal qualification and qualified to practice law in Ireland, UK or USA.
• A minimum 5 years relevant experience in private practice or in-house counsel.
• Experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements primarily in English. Additional language skills are advantageous.
• Excellent understanding of regulatory environment and legal frameworks within the medical device industry, in addition to all applicable ethics and compliance standards.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of managing teams and associated workloads.
• An articulate, motivated & proactive individual with a track record of developing strong working relationships within an energetic environment.
• Strong verbal & written communication.
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Excellent project management skills.
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
• Requires occasional early morning or late evening teleconferences
• Flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
• Willingness & availability to travel on company business.