The Quality Engineer Team Lead is a leader in the department responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of an engineering team and their ability to complete their projects/quality reviews/tasks.
- Teach/mentor team members, as needed, about the CAPA and non-conformance process in addition to Cook policy, culture, and history
- Provide technical and non-technical direction for CAPA and non-conformance projects/quality reviews/tasks for both compliance and effectiveness of actions
- Monitor and report projects/tasks progress, delays, and completions while involving management at the appropriate times
- Identify ways to expedite projects/quality reviews/tasks and avoid historical mistakes
- Give input on project resource estimates and current team resource allocation
- Identify and communicate training and developmental needs for team members to management
- Provide direct and frequent positive and constructive feedback on performance and improvement areas for team members
- Perform functions and duties specific to the Quality Engineer Role
- Communicate with other departments to identify and troubleshoot investigation/project/task issues
- Provide feedback to management on areas for improvement from a systems and personnel standpoint
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Bachelor of Science in a related technical discipline
- A minimum of 2 years experience in CAPA execution at Cook or another medical device company
- A history of high performance demonstrating proficiency in several of the above listed job functions/duties preferred
• Works under general office environmental conditions, including time in manufacturing environment and biohazard lab
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, equipment, etc.
• Proper attire/clothing and personal protective equipment/clothing as required within Controlled Production Areas