In this role, you will support the polymer materials laboratory in the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of material inspection strategies. As a polymer materials subject matter expert, you will provide materials expertise as it relates to product design, processing, and analytical methods to various functions within the organization as well as to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify those items that are minimally required to perform the essential duties of the role.
These are not required to perform the basic functions of the role
Formal education (i.e. High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree, formal certification)
· A Bachelor’s Degree degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science/ Materials Engineering or other similarly relevant STEM discipline.
· Advanced relevant STEM degree.
· Graduate work or equivalent work experience.
Type or number of years directly related work experience
· 0 – 3 years of technicalexperience in a polymers focused materials lab, plastics manufacturing or related manufacturing industry, or equivalent educational experience.
· Familiarity with Melt Index (MI), Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA).
· 3 – 5 years previous experience in a polymers focused materials lab or plastics manufacturing is desired.
Commonly known principles required for this field of work. For example, HVAC certifications, generally accepted accounting principles
· Knowledge of polymer testing and advanced analytical methods.
· Advanced engineering andstatistical problem-solving techniques.
· Relevant specialization may be considered based on anticipated needs.
· GLP understanding.
· CFR, EPA, OSHA and FDA regulations.
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in some areas associated with this position
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Moderate exposure to noise level in the work environment that is moderate to occasionally loud
• Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds
• Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to grasp, carry, feel or touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear