Provide real world valuable experience on how a global risk management and insurance department functions, including; global insurance procurement and coverage analysis, claims management, contract review, and functional risk management. This position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Spencer, or Ellettsville Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, an assigned mentor, capstone presentation, and intern events. If working onsite, you will also have access to a fitness center, an onsite cafeteria option, and a one-time housing stipend. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Assist with annual insurance renewals (over 100 policies). Update various spreadsheets with data collected for underwriters, such as; names, address, officers, titles, assets, sales, payroll, number of employees, total insured values, etc., for all Cook entities worldwide. Assist with loss control services, claims adjusters, invoicing, loss runs and reserves. Allocate premiums and track historical costs. Monitor loss trends. Maintain and provide certificates of insurance. May review vendor contracts for learning purposes only. Assist with Cook’s record management program. Assist in collaborating with functions and entities across Cook to mitigate risk.
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Marketing, Life Sciences, General Business, and Management)