The Personnel Advisor at Cook Incorporated acts as an advocate and resource for employees and managers.
• Conduct investigations on sexual harassment and workplace violence claims
• Investigate assigned Ethics and Compliance cases and input findings in system
• Resolve employee relations issues
• Act as a resource for both employees and management on policy issues, benefits, etc.
• Assist in Internal Job Postings by interviewing applicants as needed
• Support and advise management on disciplinary actions and terminations
• May represent the company in unemployment hearings
• Assist HR in maintaining monthly metrics using Excel, run reports and analyze HR data as needed
• Occasionally participate in new hire orientation
• Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth
• Adhere to the Quality Management System and its processes to meet FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulatory
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Experience with Cook policies and procedures preferred
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the HR field
• Previous employee relations experience preferred
• Previous experience with HRIS systems and ability to navigate various HRIS/Payroll Systems
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch