The Assembler at Cook Spencer assembles medical devices according to written specifications and manufacturing instructions.
- Must work with written specifications and manufacturing instructions to assemble a variety of medical devices.
- Perform work in compliance with Cook Quality Policy Manual.
- Complete quality work at accepted department determined rates.
- Handle tools, e.g. razor blades, hole punch, and table top grinder.
- May use a microscope or magnification in the assembly process.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation.
- Make sound judgment decisions after initial training.
- Report quality problems or findings to Management.
- Ability to work independently or in a team based setting.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Adhere to the Quality Management System and its processes to meet FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulatory
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Diploma or participating in a Cook sponsored program to obtain a High School Diploma or Equivalency Diploma.
- Must meet the Visual Acuity Screening Requirements of 20/40 vision using both eyes with or without correction.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive motion
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to grasp, carry, feel or touch; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; communicate..
- Proper attire/clothing and personal protective equipment/clothing as required within Controlled Manufacturing Areas.
- Moderate exposure to noise level in the work environment that is moderate to occasionally loud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA