The Senior Manufacturing Operations Manager is accountable for the performance of day-to-day manufacturing operations in the areas of Compliance, Effectiveness, Efficiency and Collaboration (CEEC) in accordance with corporate and functional goals. This includes leadership and responsibility for the people, processes, materials, equipment and systems relative to manufacturing.
- Develop manufacturing strategies and communicate vision and direction related to technology, facilities, and workforce to ensure manufacturing operations provide a competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in-line with leadership competencies and company standards.
- Provide effective report-outs and presentations to various audiences.
- Implement and drive a culture of Continuous Improvement (CI).
- Foster individual development and create high-performing teams committed to meeting the business needs while maintaining solid employee relations.
- Establish clear goals/expectations, requirements, trust and collaboration.
- Consistently provide leadership and develop employees through coaching and counseling. Be fair and consistent in all dealings.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methodology and tools.
- Apply analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Create plans and priorities to meet Global CI objectives based on Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain goals.
- Lead CI project teams and new product launch teams.
- Recognize and execute change management initiatives.
- Support audits, tours, and investigations.
- Adhere to the Quality Management System and its processes to meet FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO13485, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, Operations or a related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Prior Engineering or Production Management experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles, cGMP, ISO, CFR.
- Computer proficiency, experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and ERP systems.
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- General office setting
- Exposure to moderate noise and light levels within manufacturing facility
- Requires close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
- Maintain a physical presence in the areas of responsibility
- Proper attire/clothing and personal protective equipment/clothing as required within Controlled Production Areas
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Cook does not intend to supply sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.