This position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Spencer, or Ellettsville Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, access to a fitness center, onsite cafeteria option, an assigned mentor, one-time housing stipend, capstone presentation, intern events, and more. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
First round consideration will be given to individuals who apply by October 20, 2019.
• Assist production manager with effectively scheduling, organizing, and evaluating work for self and others, utilizing verbal and written communication skills
• Assist production manager with identifying, analyzing, and making recommendations regarding equipment, space, and processes
• Optimize ordering practices to Spencer MSA
• Optimize time study process and formulate plan for execution for all products
• Create prioritization tool for Spencer production shop
• Gain insight to manufacturing operations/supply chain in medical device industry
• Work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the organization
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Marketing, Life Sciences, General Business, and Management)