The Regulatory Engineer provides technical support to Regulatory Affairs for the development of regulatory documentation for compliance with FDA and international regulatory requirements.
- Act as liaison to engineering functions globally and locally to provide technical support for Regulatory Affairs
- Develop new, and refine existing, systems that provide the necessary information for successful submission to global regulatory bodies
- Help align engineering procedures and project outputs with regulatory requirements
- Assist various Regulatory Affairs staff with technical assessment and writing of regulatory submissions and responses to regulatory agencies
- Prepare regulatory submissions for new products, product changes, and re-registrations, as required
- Perform and/or coordinate required assessments for change orders and facilitate approval
- Provide product knowledge and training for Regulatory functional unit
- Coordinate regulatory initiatives and drive to completion
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
-Ability to understand the purpose of a Quality System, and to effectively and efficiently complete work within guidelines of the Cook Inc Quality System
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
- BA/BS Degree in an Engineering or Science related field required; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
- Experience in a FDA regulated environment and/or medical device is preferred
- Must have technical writing capabilities and strong verbal communication skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Works under general office environmental conditions
- Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
- Travel as required
-Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA
***Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Cook does not intend to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.