The Clinical Specialist provides clinical support for extensive medical device product lines through direct physician interaction, medical staff education and procedural consultation.
The Aortic Intervention division of Cook Medical focuses on the Endovascular treatment solutions for abdominal and thoracic aortic disease.
Product line includes endovascular grafts and accessory devices (wire guides, catheters, dilators, introducers, and molding balloons) to support implant procedures.
The Peripheral Intervention division of Cook Medical focuses on device technology that addresses broad cardiovascular applications, including treatment of peripheral arterial disease and pulmonary embolism prevention.
Product line includes standard and specialty wire guides, angiographic and therapeutic catheters, introducers, angioplasty balloons, balloon expandable and self-expanding peripheral stents, drug-eluting peripheral stents, and vena cava filters.
For more information about Cook Medical, visit www.cookmedical.com
• Provide clinical support during procedures
• Identify, establish, support and develop relationships with key
clinical and non-clinical decision-makers to clinically support company
• Educate and update customers through in-servicing training, literature,
videos and articles approved by the company
• Provide clinical experience to the Sales force, Product Development,
Marketing, Quality Assurance and other internal groups
• Maintain knowledge of SBU product lines, clinical procedures, business
ethics and other educational requirements
• Support the annual business plan to help the sales team meet or exceed
projected sales goals
• Complete expense reports, call reports and other administrative
documentation as required
• Maintain frequent communication with Regional Manager and other
• Maintain accurate and timely reports and records
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others
throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various
levels of the global organization
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and
independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, or experience of
such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• 3 years of experience in a clinical environment preferred
• Microsoft Office proficiency required
• Must have excellent organizational skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• International and domestic travel as required, up to 70%
• Subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA, must be
(a) physically capable of operating a motor vehicle on a regular basis, (b) a
holder of a valid driver's license, and (c) in good standing to legally operate a
• The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds or more
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
computers, equipment, etc.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or
• The employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods