The Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) Clinical Specialist is a regional position, reporting to the Director, Global Product Development of the Reproductive Health (RH) Specialty. This position is intended to support sales operations and product management in Continental North and South America.
The Reproductive Health Division of Cook Medical focuses on devices for assisted reproduction, hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery, gynecologic imaging, high-risk pregnancy, and fetal diagnosis.
Product line includes devices for diagnostic procedures, male fertility, gynecologic surgery, intrauterine insemination, ovum aspiration, culture media, micro tools, incubation, embryo transfer, fetal intervention and genetic testing, labor and delivery, and cord blood banking.
For more information about Cook Medical, visit www.cookmedical.com
• The Clinical Specialist is responsible for providing customers with clinical support for the utilization of Cook products relative to the practice of human reproduction, including IVF, ICSI, embryo culture and cryopreservation
• Support direct sales and distribution partners, as well as product management in the development and improvement of training, products and services.
• Provide input on assisted reproduction market analysis and trends
• This position will also include the direct organization/hosting of training workshops to customers and sales staff
• Will be involved with the implementation and running of clinical evaluations for products, including culture media
• Will work with partners (academic or otherwise) when required, especially in relation to new product development and evaluation
• Will maintain knowledge of specialty product lines, clinical procedures, business ethics and other educational requirements
• Will support the annual business plan where possible, to help the sales team meet or exceed projected sales goals
• Complete expense reports, call reports and other administrative documentation as required
• Maintain frequent communication with Global Product Development Manager and support functions
• Maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various
levels of the global organization
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and
independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
Minimum B.S. in biology or clinical lab science with a preference of M.S. or greater in embryology or reproductive science
Minimum 5 years working in clinical embryology practice
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as computer literacy to include Microsoft Office Suite
Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and scientific approach
Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese preferred
Must be a demonstrated team player
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• International and domestic travel as required, up to 70% with position based in the United States
• Subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA, must be
(a) physically capable of operating a motor vehicle on a regular basis, (b) a
holder of a valid driver's license, and (c) in good standing to legally operate a
• Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds or more
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
computers, equipment, etc.
• Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or
• Occasionally required to stand for extended periods