The Corporate Insurance Intern at Cook Group Inc. will be part of the Summer Internship Program. Paid internships at Cook Medical are offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (Exact dates depend on school calendars.) All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
First round consideration will be given to individuals who apply by October 19, 2018.
• Assist with annual insurance renewals
• Update various spreadsheets with data collected for underwriters
• Assist with loss control services, claims adjusters, invoicing, loss runs, and reserves
• Allocate premiums and track historical costs
• Maintain and provide certificates of insurance
• Monitor loss trends
• Assist with Cook's Records Management Program
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school. Candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following Fall) for consideration
• Candidates should be majoring in Insurance and Risk Management