The Production Engineer at Cook Inc. plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes for medical device products, and supports Operations in a way to assure a quality product is produced in a timely manner. The Production Engineer works with Operations, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs to improve existing product designs and processes to increase throughput, decrease operational costs, or improve quality.
• Work with Operations Managers and outside Vendors to create methods/machines to help with capacity of products
• Work with Product Development Engineers to develop processes for new products
• Work with Operations, Accounting, and Global Product Managers to increase profit margins of current products which do not meet company
• Train all relevant personnel on new processes
• Document cost savings
• Write and execute validation protocols
• Assure projects follow design controls established by QSPs
• Provide support to the calibration department in writing/performing calibration procedures
• Work with Quality Assurance and Product Development to verify/validate critical processes or products
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Production, or Manufacturing Engineering, or related field; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Works under general office environmental conditions.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
computers, equipment, etc.