The Design Specialist generates design concepts for items such as product, tooling, fixturing, specialty machines, or molds based on direction given from Engineering, Production, Tool Makers, and outside resources.
• Applies mechanical aptitude, creativity, attention to detail, and communication skills in order to collaborate with various groups to
finalize designs, taking into account requirements by all functional
• Investigates, troubleshoots, identifies, and develops and applies corrective measures, for both new and existing designs
• Creates, modifies, and maintains models, assemblies, and drawings
• Applies best practices and general drafting standards, such as ASME Y14.5, while creating and modifying files
• Understands advanced CAD features such as helical sweeps, variable sections sweeps, swept blends, etc.
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• Associates Degree in Drafting/CAD or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Minimum of 1 year work experience as a designer
• Proficient in drafting skills and standards
• Proficient in 3D CAD software (PTC Creo 1.0 or newer a plus
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.