The Inventory Management Specialist analyzes Cook controlled inventories, i.e. raw materials and finished goods, identifies opportunities for improvement, and turns analysis into action, proposing strategic plans and leading global teams towards implementation of effective solutions. Additionally, the individual will support system integrations across the globe and become a systems expert within the realm of procurement.
• Identify supply chain problems or opportunities, propose supply chain solutions in keeping with Cook philosophy and give direction or lead implementation of solutions as appropriate.
• Collaborates with leadership on identifying and implementing efficiency or performance improvements.
• Collects data and prepares analyses forecasting demand or predicting inventory needs. (Analyze stock levels, looking for supply chain opportunities for improvement vis-à-vis inventory turns, slow moving items, lead times, minimum order quantity optimization, etc.)
• Leads and participates in project management, i.e., development and implementation of supply chain systems.
• Maintains contact with vendors and submits purchase orders or requisitions in order to ensure a continuous supply of goods
• Develop actionable reports, taking the necessary action when appropriate, leading team members to take action
• Liaise on supply chain and/or inventory issues and systems with the appropriate local and global functional areas, e.g. Purchasing management, IT, SBUs, Logistics, Business Development, Quality and Regulatory to develop understanding of how those functions impact or can best work with supply chain systems
• Manage certain aspects of supply chain data, e.g. removal of EDAV in IOPS system, or set up and monitoring of supply chain database
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Development; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a
• 2 years of experience in a related field
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and related business intelligence software
• Works under general office environmental conditions.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Some travel required, both domestic and some international.