The Senior Scientist is a leader in the New Ventures team responsible for applying their research skills to solve a variety/array of problems. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for identification and evaluation of new opportunities, formulation of business plans & value propositions, creation & evaluation of new device concepts, and transfer to internal & external exit partners. The successful candidate will preferably have prior experience in the medical device industry, with exposure to both R&D and Business Development.
• Lead large-scale or multiple projects or studies with a high degree of independence;
• Contribute technical and scientific expertise and direction to Cook engineers and other company business functions;
• Assume responsibility for interpreting data, organizing, executing, and coordinating project activities;
• Provide technical input on defining project priorities and company product goals;
• Identify and solve function-level and team-level problems; and
• Act as a mentor to other personnel in their teams;
• Provide technical and strategic input on managing company intellectual property relevant to area of work
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others
throughout various levels of the global organization
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Ability to work in collaborative and
independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• MS in biological science, chemistry, life science, or engineering with 5+ years relevant experience; or a PhD in biological science, chemistry, life science, or engineering with 2+ years relevant experience
• Proven technical ability and leadership skills in mentoring and training
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and
gloves required in many areas associated with this position.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
• Works under general office environmental conditions.