The Biomedical Research Engineer at Cook Advanced Technologies will develop new, commercially viable catheter-based medical devices and delivery systems.
• Design and development of catheter-based medical devices and delivery systems
• Perform reduction to practice of designs, design for usability, design for manufacturability
• Participate in Design Verification and Validation activities to ensure Design Outputs meet Design Input Requirements
• PhD in Biomedical Engineering
• Education and/or experience must include: scientific experimentation, testing, and design of experiments; statistical methods; analytical chemistry (including HPLC, MS, FTIR, UV-vis and NMR); biological imaging (including confocal and fluorescence microscopy); image analysis; polymer design and analysis (including rheometry, mechanical and hardness testing); biomaterial coating chemistry; drug delivery from medical device; biocompatibility testing; bacterial culture and analysis; tissue engineering; and software including MATLAB, ProE/Creo and C programming.
• Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.