The Quality Engineer Team Leader is a leader in the department responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of an engineering team and their ability to complete their projects/tasks.
• Teach/mentor team members about processes/systems associated with
their teams in addition to Cook policy, culture, and history
• Provide technical and non-technical direction for projects/tasks
• Identify ways to expedite projects and avoid historical mistakes
• Monitor and report project progress, delays, and completions while
involving management at the appropriate times
• Give input on project resource estimates and current team resource
• Identify and communicate training and developmental needs for team
members to management
• Provide direct and frequent positive and constructive feedback on
performance and improvement areas for team members, both through
informal and formal means
• Functions and duties specific to the Quality Engineer Role
• Review and where appropriate, approve, team member documentation
• Review and approve team member expense reports
• Able to work in collaborative and independent work situations and
environments with minimal supervision
• Communicate with other departments to identify and troubleshoot
• Provide feedback to management on areas for improvement from a
systems and personnel standpoint
• Work closely with other functions to define projects and objectives when
• MS in Engineering or Engineering Technology or MBA with 5 years relevant experience; or
• BS degree in same with 7 years relevant experience
• A minimum of 2 years Cook experience
• A history of high performance demonstrating proficiency in several of the
above listed job functions/duties.
•Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Cook does not intend to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
• Works under general office environmental conditions, including time in manufacturing environment and biohazard lab
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with
computers, equipment, etc.