The EHS Internship position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Spencer, or Ellettsville Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, access to a fitness center, onsite cafeteria option, an assigned mentor, one-time housing stipend, capstone presentation, intern events, and more. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
First round consideration will be given to individuals who apply by October 20, 2017.
• Assist in developing EHS programs
• Perform ergonomic assessments and job restriction evaluations
• Maintain EHS training database
• Perform new hire orientation
• Update EHS training
• Perform audits and inspections of hazardous waste accumulation areas
• Perform preventative maintenance inspections of emergency equipment
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Basic knowledge of OSHA/EPA regulatory standards
• Candidates majoring in Environmental Health and Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other related field preferred