The Corporate Insurance Internship position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, access to a fitness center, onsite cafeteria option, an assigned mentor, one-time housing stipend, capstone presentation, intern events, and more. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
First round consideration will be given to individuals who apply by October 20, 2017.
• Assist with annual insurance renewals
• Update various spreadsheets with data collected for underwriters
• Assist with loss control services, claims adjusters, invoicing, loss runs, and reserves
• Allocate premiums and track historical costs
• Monitor loss trends
• Maintain and provide certificates of insurance
• Assist with records management program
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following Fall) for consideration
• Candidates should be majoring in Insurance and Risk Management
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel