The Reimbursement Specialist at Cook Inc. assists the reimbursement team with reimbursement assessment/coverage analysis at the local and national level for Medicare and major private payers.
• Assist with clinical trials by providing research sites with COOK’s Medicare reimbursement packet and guidance
• Develop working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 codes and available resources (the AMA, consultants, professional society coding hotlines, etc.) to identify the correct coding and reimbursement levels for procedures in which Cook devices are used
• Provide support to Cook customers when coding and reimbursement questions arise in regard to the use of Cook devices
• Provide support and training to the Cook sales and marketing teams in addressing coding and reimbursement issues
• Ability to search Medicare’s national and local coverage policy, along with commercial insurance medical policy databases
• Ability to read and understand Medicare regulations, coverage policies, program transmittals, etc.
• Bachelors Degree preferred, or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Knowledge of U.S. healthcare provider payment systems (physician, in-patient/out-patient hospital, ambulatory surgery system, etc.), with emphasis on Medicare payment systems
• Knowledge of coding systems in the U.S. healthcare payment systems: CPT, HCPCS Level II, DRG, ICD-9 & ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes, APC, pass-through codes, etc.
Minimum Work Experience/ Educational Requirments:
• Works under general office environmental conditions.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with