The Business System Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining business systems that support the organizations operations. This role requires a strong understanding of both business processes and technical systems, with the ability to bridge the gap between business needs and technical solutions. The Business System Engineer collaborates with stakeholders and process owners to gather requirements, collaborates with other technical resources (IT, Data) to translate them into technical specifications, to ensure a robust and scalable system is implemented that meets the organizations goals.
The position will primarily work with the software tool Oracle Product Data Hub (PDH). In this role, you will be the Business PDH application SME to support Product Master Data Management (MDM) and enable operational data for ERP. You will be working closely with the Enterprise Data team to ensure PDH is designed and configured to ensure Cook always will be at the industry standard or beyond. As Cook will start design of our enterprise ERP solution, Oracle Cloud ERP, you will play a critical role to ensure operation data meets the needs of the organization, by working closely with the program manager and the business leads for ERP.
Our team works closely with process owners, stakeholders, and IT. Our partners are located around the world and will require flexibility to work outside of normal business hours when needed.
We are looking for someone that has experience in the following:
Your primary focus will be:
• Gather business requirements, collaborate with stakeholders and process owners to understand their needs and objectives
• Translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications for system design and development
• Design and develop business systems that streamline operations, improve efficiency, and support the organizations objectives
• Understand how the system receives and sends data from/to other systems
• Research and recommend new technologies, tools, and methodologies to enhance system performance and productivity
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business analysts, developers, and project managers, to ensure successful system implementation
• Develop and maintain system documentation defining the system and the use, work with process owners to ensure system documentation defining the system and the use, work with process owners to ensure system documentation integrates with process documentation
• Develop and maintain system training material to support training in systems
• Lead or support system adoption, to ensure successful adoption of systems, working closely with the entity, including data migration, policy/procedural changes, and training
• Manage projects to implement and adopt off the self-software that improves processes
• Ensure that lessons learned are captured following adoption, to ensure continuous improvement of adoption projects
• Work closely with IT product owners for coordination of system work, such as upgrades, validation, enhancements
• Monitor system enhancement requests and performance data to identify system improvements
• Identify, prioritize, and manage system improvement projects
• Provide technical guidance and support, including training and documentation
• Conduct system testing, debugging, and troubleshooting to ensure system stability and integrity
• Monitor system performance and conduct regular maintenance to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices related to business systems and technology
• Understand and be accountable for conducting Cook business with integrity and in compliance with applicable standards, including Cook policies
• Within scope of responsibility, ensure all quality, regulatory, compliance, and product-specific requirements are met
• Bachelor's degree required and/or equivalent relevant work experience with systems
• Experience across broad range of system tools, data, and processes
• Preferred qualifications: Experience as a project manager and/or work related to design, implementation, or sustaining systems
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
• Experience working in a global environment / global teams across many cultures and regions, managing and executing complex projects / programs in an engineering environment
• Engineering, IT, Business Systems Analyst or Project Management qualifications would be an advantage
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with proven experience of interacting productively with individuals at different organizational levels
• Good business process knowledge with experience of working closely with process owners is required
• Business systems knowledge with proven experience of working closely with IT is required
• Willingness and availability to travel on company business
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Cook does not intend to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
• Approximately 95% of the time is spent in a normal office environment requiring sitting and moving around the building, approximately 5% of time is spent in domestic/international travel to various locations to support project activities; Engineers supporting implementation could travel up to 50% during some projects