Cook MyoSite, Inc. is on a mission to make regenerative medicine a part of everyday medicine. We’re investigating our core technology, autologous muscle-derived cells, for the potential treatment of several muscle-related disorders. We at Cook MyoSite have the potential to make a difference in the lives of countless people around the world, and we also have the potential to make a difference in yours. Joining our team is an opportunity to ignite your passion, grow your potential, and define your purpose. If you’re curious, motivated by helping others, and driven by integrity, we invite you to apply.
Warehouse Associate I is responsible for executing proper receipts, material handling, and shipments for all materials.
• Maintain an uninterrupted supply of all elements required for both internal and external customers
• Ensure deliveries and shipments are processed in a safe, quality, and timely manner
• Receive and process incoming orders; record and/or provide thorough documentation and execution of ERP software system
• Responsible for preparing and documenting shipments of products per use of packaging procedures and specifications with the use of shipping courier software for clinical and research requirements
• Perform shipping, receiving, and material handling / proper storage conditions of high-value, temperature controlled, production critical materials and process check raw materials, finished and semi-finished material
• Understand and ensure shipping and receiving safety standards, regulations, and internal operating procedures
• Ability to obtain certification through training and operate Work Assist Vehicle
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of warehouse operations procedures
• Assist in scheduling purchase of raw materials and warehouse supplies
• Assist in the maintenance of the schedule of shipments
• Communicate to appropriate personnel or team members delivery or shipment notifications, including damage or delays
• Execute tasks in clinical distribution software or systems
• Attentive understanding of cold-chain best practices
• Maintain area by organizing and proper labelling of materials, including physical inventory and correct discrepancies
• Follow safety precautions when operating equipment and wear appropriate safety gear
• Report deviations or other potential problems to management in a timely manner
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Exemplifies Cook MyoSite Core Values
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and safety standards
• This position requires an ongoing commitment to upgrading knowledge, job skills and abilities in addition to competency related to all duties and responsibilities listed above.
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Maintain composure and competence under stressful situations; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company goals
• Must have effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Able to prioritize and operate proactively
High school diploma or equivalent
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and other general office equipment.
Maintenance Setting (EQ, FA, Safety, Warehouse, MC): General office, warehouse and laboratory setting with potential (limited) exposure to hazardous chemicals and/or harsh disinfectants while in BioSafety Level II.
Ability to conduct and hear ordinary conversation and telephone communication.
Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required.
Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Must be able to sit at desk, in meetings and/or work on a computer for long or extended periods of time.
Visual and manual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
Ability to spend majority of day standing in warehouse setting for extended periods of time, and at times work within confined areas.
Physically capable of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing steps and ladders, reaching, twisting and bending on occasion with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Must be capable of performing PPE gowning procedures on a frequent basis to enter BioSafety Level II including but not limited to safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt), appropriate shoes, and facial mask (if required) on a regular basis.
Employee that does not interact with Healthcare Professionals
Compliance with all policies of the company including without limitation the Cook Employee Manual, Cook Code of Conduct, Quality System Manual, Cook Electronic Information Policy and HIPAA regulations.
At Cook MyoSite, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Cook MyoSite is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job description features the essential and critical functions of the position described and is not an exhaustive list of tasks and/or responsibilities. This may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.