The Accounts Receivable Accounting Administrator 2 (Collections) collects customer AR balances within the North America Accounts Receivable Shared Service business function. The role works closely with customers and customer support team to maintain a portfolio of customer receivables with a focus of minimizing financial risk, and maximize collections.
Cook offers a collaborative working environment and a hybrid schedule. This position will work on site at 750 Daniels Way, Bloomington, IN 47404 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:30-5:00 pm.
• Maintain portfolio of customers AR balances including monitoring and following up on aged items to ensure timely collections.
• Establish and monitor customer credit limits and credit terms, ensuring cash collection occurs within these terms to minimize financial risk.
• Escalate delinquent customers through risk mitigation process - ultimately resolving underlying issues or escalating for further risk mitigation.
• Understand how collector DSO and other key AR metrics work, the underlying drivers, and how to use this information for targeted collection efforts.
• Collect and maintain core AR data for portfolio customers, including contact information, payment methods, and other key customer attributes.
• Collaborate with other Cook companies and functions to resolve billing or pricing issues.
• Cover incoming customer calls, monitor shared email boxes, log customer issues, and process phone payments.
• Monitor and track KPIs and metrics established by leadership.
• Investigate and resolve customer queries, positively connect with customers and anticipate needs in order to provide exceptional customer service.
• Use software to keep detailed notes regarding conversations with customers and outcomes.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, associates or bachelors degree (or equivalent) preferred.
• Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
• Attention to detail and the ability to reason and think quickly is essential for negotiating effectively.
• Excellent communication, inter-personal, numeric, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Maintain company quality and quantity standards
• General office environment, sitting for extended periods
• Close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
• Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds
• Manual dexterity and coordination while operating standard office equipment
• Perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA