Cook MyoSite, Inc. is on a mission to make regenerative medicine a part of everyday medicine. We’re investigating our core technology, autologous muscle-derived cells, for the potential treatment of several muscle-related disorders. We at Cook MyoSite have the potential to make a difference in the lives of countless people around the world, and we also have the potential to make a difference in yours. Joining our team is an opportunity to ignite your passion, grow your potential, and define your purpose. If you’re curious, motivated by helping others, and driven by integrity, we invite you to apply.
Incorporating laboratory subject matter expertise and software development subject matter expertise, the Senior Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Developer at Cook MyoSite, Inc. is responsible for software design, software development, and interface integration of MyoSite LIMS applications.
• Deliver features for the MyoSite COTS LabWare LIMS by:
o Primarily programming (i.e., LIMS Basic, HTML/CSS, and SQL) to extend the capabilities of the application.
o Secondarily programming (i.e., C# and PowerShell) to provide integration and web service capabilities related to the application.
o Provide software deployment activities for custom software, SQL procedures, COTS application, and host systems to support feature deployment from test environments to validation, and then through to production.
o Provide configuration of LabWare LIMS application workflows to define specific COTS application behavior.
• Independently operate as the site LIMS application subject matter expert (SME) for LabWare LIMS.
• Author design, functional, and integration specification documents for LabWare LIMS.
• Develop formal documented software unit tests as part of commissioning LabWare LIMS and/or LabWare LIMS related applications or integrations.
• Lead LabWare LIMS application demonstrations to ensure that end-user requirements are incorporated as expected in features.
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documentation requirements while providing the delivery of features for the LabWare LIMS.
• Communicate cross-functionally and with external parties including the management and coordination of activities with external consultants.
• Provide guidance, coaching, training, review and/or delegate work to technical professionals as needed.
• Provide 3rd level of support for custom software related issues to manufacturing or laboratory operations as needed, including off-hours.
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or 10+ years direct, relevant experience in LIMS Development to provide a comparable background.
• LabWare LIMS Certifications: LabWare Configuration Using LIMS Basic, Visual Workflows, Reporting, SQC Charting, and Instrument Integration.
• Minimum of 7+ years' experience in LabWare LIMS programming (including Visual Workflows and ELN integration) along with software configuration and application deployment.
• Minimum of 2+ years of programming experience in PowerShell along with either C# or Python.
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a LIMS related role providing value for manufacturing or laboratory operations.
• Demonstratable ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision while multitasking.
• Demonstratable effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstratable ability to prioritize and operate proactively with just summary level direction.
• Hybrid position - Must have the ability to travel on-site in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Office Setting: General office, warehouse and laboratory setting.
• Ability to conduct and hear ordinary conversation and telephone communication.
• Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
• Must be able to sit at desk, in meetings and/or work on a computer for long or extended periods of time.
• Visual and manual acuity for working with computers and equipment.