The District Manager's primary duty is to sell medical devices and related equipment and services to physicians, hospitals, and outpatient facilities by establishing relationships with these health care providers. The District Manager will be customarily and regularly away from Cook's place of business in performing job functions and duties.
The Urology division of Cook Medical focuses on the diagnostic and therapeutic products with an emphasis on stone management, oncology, voiding dysfunction, and pelvic health.
Product line includes ureteral access sheaths, dilation and occlusion balloon catheters, ureteral and urethral stents, stone extraction devices, biopsy needles and forceps, drainage catheters, lasers, and lithotripters.
For more information about Cook Medical, visit www.cookmedical.com.
• Develop new business and expands existing business
• Develop, maintain and execute an annual business plan for the territory
• Meet and exceed projected sales goals
• Participate in national, state, and regional sales exhibits
• Maintain timely expense reports
• Keep current on the managed health care environment
• Educate customers, through conversations, presentations/in-services and literature
• Must travel overnight as needed
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Knowledge of Microsoft software, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience in problem solving
• Experience in working independently with little direct supervision
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA, must be (a) physically capable of operating a motor vehicle on a regular basis, (b) a holder of a valid driver's license, and (c) in good standing to legally operate a motor vehicle
• Frequently lift product sample cases, weighing between 20 and 50 lbs.
• Occasionally required to stand for extended periods
• Sit for extended periods, utilize close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Work under general office environmental conditions
• Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch
Cook currently projects the base salary for this position could range from $90,000 to $100,000 and the actual pay will depend on a variety of factors including the candidate’s qualifications, education, experience and the required location for this role. In addition, this role will be eligible for an additional variable bonus opportunity based on company and/or individual performance. Full-time employees will also be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package to include a company-sponsored 401(k) and profit-sharing plan, paid time-off benefits, medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts including both healthcare and dependent care, short and long-term disability as well as life insurance. In addition, there are well-being resources to support physical, emotional and financial wellness as well as a comprehensive EAP program. Cook also provides voluntary benefits funded 100% by employees in the areas of critical illness, accident insurance, hospital indemnity and long-term care. The compensation range described above is always subject to change and could be higher or lower depending on the particular candidate. Finally, in its sole discretion, Cook reserves the right to amend modify or terminate any compensation or benefit program at any time and Cook’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the terms of promotion or transfer of existing Cook employees.