The Financial Business Partner will collaborate with leadership and is responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis. As a partner with business operations, the individual will help develop, understand, and present financial and business analysis, while also providing support for process and cost improvements.
Cook offers a collaborative working environment and a hybrid schedule. The general expectation for hybrid employees is to work on-site 1-3 days per week in Bloomington, IN depending on business needs. Relocation assistance is available for candidates wishing to relocate to live within 2 hours of Bloomington, IN.
• Partner with regional to global functional leadership with regular and ad-hoc analysis to provide insight into relevant business drivers impacting consequential business decisions.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of related to business groups supported, which includes the group’s strategic decisions, their core activities performed, and the potential impact to the Organization at large.
• Support leadership in the interpretation of financial data and tracking against financial objectives.
• Team with functional leadership in the development, maintenance, and variance analysis of a rolling 18 month forecast.
• Work closely with business operations to understand their needs and provide related solutions, analysis, and/or support.
• Express impact of business decisions in financial terms; while being able to communicate financial results in terms of key business drivers.
• Play an integral role in the preparation of Cook Medical Executive team monthly presentations.
• Collaborate with other financial analysts to improve global reporting and coordination across all functions.
• Lead projects to identify, develop, and report key performance indicators, while aiding in the recording, tracking, and presentation of these KPIs; whether financial or non-financial in nature.
• Identify, recommend, and manage global process implementation/improvement projects.
• Review processes and results to ensure transactions have been recorded consistently and accurately.
• Express new ideas and think creatively to help address business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• 3+ years financial analysis experience
• Experience with general ledger and reporting software packages, e.g., business intelligence software
• Effective leadership and management over multiple projects
• Strong analytical and process skills; attention to detail and data accuracy
• Able to handle a high amount of stress and interpersonal interactions
• Work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization
• Work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• General office environment, sitting for extended periods
• Close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
• Work remotely and also on-site in Bloomington, Ind.
• Perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA