Join Cook Medical's cross-functional team of AI Explorers to discover how artificial intelligence can accelerate our business strategy. Our team is actively learning, evaluating, and building AI prototypes in collaboration with various functions within the organization. As an AI Explorer intern, you will work with our team to enhance Cook's AI capabilities and promote adoption.
This position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, an assigned mentor, capstone presentation, and intern events. If working onsite, you will also have access to a fitness center, an onsite cafeteria option, and a one-time housing stipend. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
The primary objective of the AI Intern is to gain practical experience, contribute to AI projects, learn and apply AI skills, support research and innovation, enhance AI knowledge, collaborate effectively, contribute to responsible AI practices, build a professional network, create documentation, and work toward personal development.
Specific Job Functions
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Marketing, Life Sciences, General Business, and Management)