This position is a 12-week paid internship located in Bloomington, Indiana. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, an assigned mentor, capstone presentation, and intern events. If working onsite, you will also have access to a fitness center, an onsite cafeteria option, and a one-time housing stipend. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Supports production departments’ manufacturing issues with technical support as the process expert. Uses strong reasoning and problem-solving skills to investigate and analyze complex problems to determine root cause and implement innovative solutions to prevent recurrence.
Supports and drives continuous improvement activities in the manufacturing department to improve operational performance. Leads technical aspect of process validation projects
Assist product development teams with design for manufacturability requirements on new products. Supports new capital equipment and tooling purchases with appropriate documentation and evaluation
Manages multiple technically oriented projects through coordinating internal and external resources.
Collaborates on product complaint resolution.
May be asked to perform other duties as required.
• All candidates should have a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Marketing, Life Sciences, General Business, and Management)