Cook MyoSite, Inc. is on a mission to make regenerative medicine a part of everyday medicine. We’re investigating our core technology, autologous muscle-derived cells, for the potential treatment of several muscle-related disorders. We at Cook MyoSite have the potential to make a difference in the lives of countless people around the world, and we also have the potential to make a difference in yours. Joining our team is an opportunity to ignite your passion, grow your potential, and define your purpose. If you’re curious, motivated by helping others, and driven by integrity, we invite you to apply.
Sourcing and Procurement Specialist II is a primary source and subject matter expert to support company operations by providing purchasing support to all internal departments through the acquisition of approved materials, equipment, or services from approved vendors
Continuously strive towards continuity of supply by sourcing alternate vendors, and secondary or alternate raw materials.
Cultivates constructive, working relationships with suppliers during negotiation, and development of new materials and vendors
Serve as a liaison between Vendor representatives and MyoSite staff to attain information and drive resolution of issues.
Builds key supplier relationships and partnerships, continually improving supplier service levels and reducing supply chain risk
Prepares purchase orders and coordinates with corporate accounts receivable and accounts payable to execute the orders
SME for all relevant data and ERP functionality related to the position to make sound business decisions.
Identify and lead efforts with continuous process improvements opportunities within the department.
Participate on site projects and initiatives as required to support purchasing requirements, pricing, and timelines.
Recognize environmental, societal, or industry related impacts that could cause supply disruption. Inform management and contribute to the development of a response plan to address the issue.
Establish and/or maintain data in the ERP system such as material Master Data, purchasing parameters, and vendor information.
Obtain approval(s) from management on major purchases.
Ensure purchases are executed in accordance with vendor contracts that are in place.
Maintain updated vendor files and account information such as Contracts, Contacts, documentation, and communications.
Execute daily activities and priorities of purchasing duties and tasks as required to include:
• participation in SC material planning meetings to understand and align with forecasted demand
• Assessing financial risks and criticality of purchases.
• Negotiating contracts/quotes with vendors.
• Evaluating current and future buying trends, markets, and products, with attention to current industry lead times
• Associates degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement or 4 years of direct, relevant experience in Supply Chain Management or Procurement to provide a comparable background
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and other general office equipment.
• General working knowledge with ERP / MRP systems.
• Basic understanding of cGMP, 21 CFR Part 11, and related regulations associated with Bio/Pharmaceutical product manufacturing
• Exemplifies Cook MyoSite Core Values
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and safety standards
• This position requires an ongoing commitment to upgrading knowledge, job skills and abilities in addition to competency related to all duties and responsibilities listed above.
• Maintain current understanding of new materials and their uses within MyoSite.
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Maintain composure and competence under stressful situations; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company goals
• Must have effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Able to prioritize and operate proactively
• Must demonstrate critical thinking and proven problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Proven success in initiating, promoting, and maintaining strong interpersonal relations
• Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and being proactive to avoid material shortages.
• Must be able to multitask
Full Time On Site
Office / No Travel or Travel:
• Ability to conduct and hear ordinary conversation and telephone communication.
• Must be able to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended work hours and/or extra work hours, sometimes on short notice as required.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
• Must be able to sit at desk, in meetings and/or work on a computer for long or extended periods of time.
• Visual and manual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
• Employee that does not interact with Healthcare Professionals
• Compliance with all policies of the company including without limitation the Cook Employee Manual, Cook Code of Conduct, Quality System Manual, Cook Electronic Information Policy and HIPAA regulations.
At Cook MyoSite, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Cook MyoSite is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job description features the essential and critical functions of the position described and is not an exhaustive list of tasks and/or responsibilities. This may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.